About the Employer
Big Ten Rentals Inc is a strong employer. We have an office in Iowa City with a reliable staff and three decades of Service to the State of Iowa and beyond.
- Must be 21 Years old
- To perform this job successfully, and individual should have strong mechanical skills and proficiency at trouble shooting.
- Must be a self-starter, and have the ability to coordinate many simultaneous tasks in a fast paced environment.
- The ideal candidate must be able to work M-F and some Saturdays and an average of 50 hours during the peak season, April 15-October 15, and 40 hours per week during the “off season”.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record. A CDL is a plus. Reliable transportation is required.
- Must be able to lift 75lbs frequently
- Must supply own tools
Associates Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two year college or trade school; or 3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- General Facilities maintenance
- Service and maintain rental equipment, including trailers, generators, small engines, both in the shop, and at jobsites when necessary.
- Must maintain an orderly shop area.
- Must be able to respond to changes in a very dynamic work environment.
- Creating and preparing maintenance logs, and perform inspections as necessary
- Order parts
- Provide customer service, assisting clients
- Responsible for upholding company policies and procedures as set forth by the owner
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- The shop mechanic will report to the Senior management team, and the owner
Benefits available after 90 days of employment:
- Direct deposit payroll (available immediately)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance. Employer 50% match
Benefits available after 1 year
- 3% employer retirement match
- Paid vacation
$17-20/hr, Commensurate with Experience
This job has lots of Variety! If you think you would like to work in an environment like this, then please email your resume to: Brian@BigTenRentals.com, or .