DIY-ers can achieve professional results on their own at a fraction of the cost with this sander. The SL-8 floor sander is the only machine on the market that will allow the DIY customer to achieve the results they want and expect. For those hard to reach edges we recommend that you also rent the wood floor edger as well.
- The 1 hp constant speed motor and soft rubber drum with our unique cam locking system combine to work like a professional sander. The sandpaper is held between 2 spring-loaded cams. The slow (1800 RPM) constant speed of the drum will not gouge floors.
- The tilt action for the SL-8 allows for more controlled and even sanding when compare to other machines available to the rental trade. When you sand forward and backward with the SL-8, you can be assured of straight sanding because it runs on the drum and wheels. The weight of the machine is specifically designed and evenly distributed for the best results.
- We have manufactured the SL-8 with a 1 hp completely sealed, repulsion-induction Baldor motor. It will run the drum at 1800 RPM constantly on 14 amps (standard household current). Because of this design, unique to the Silver-Line motor, the drum will not slow down or speed up as it sands, resulting in a level, smooth finish without waves.
- The totally sealed motor also saves you money because it keeps sawdust out.
- The repulsion-induction feature virtually eliminates brush wear by using the brushes only to start the motor. The brushes lift off the motor via centrifugal force when the motor is up to speed. The SL-8 motor does not use capacitors.
Motor- 1 HP constant speed, 115 volt, AC only, 60 Cycle, single phase. Runs on 14 amps. Drum- Standard 8” width, soft rubber cover with aluminum drum core, spring loaded cam paper locking system, takes 8 x 20 3/16” paper Drum Speed – 1800 RPM, constant speed Net Weight – 115 lbs.
How to install Sand Paper video:
Video by Essex Silver Line.