How To Apply for EmploymentIt’s fast and easy.
About the Employer
Big Ten Rentals is a local business, delivering and setting up party equipment, typically within a 200-mile radius daily. We have an office in Iowa City with a strong, reliable staff and three and a half decades of Service to Iowa and surrounding states.
To perform this job successfully, and the individual should have strong computer skills, including proficiency with Excel, word processing software and the internet. Must be willing and able to learn a proprietary software system.
Must have the ability to coordinate many simultaneous tasks in a fast paced environment. A background in dispatch and Logistics is helpful.
The ideal candidate must be able to work weekends and an average of 60 hours during the peak season (April 15-October 15), and 40 hours per week during the off season (Nov 15-March 15).
Reliable transportation is required.
Associates Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college; or 3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
The Sales & Dispatch Manager will report to the owner.
- Responsible for managing inbound calls, outbound calls, and emails from customers and delivery crews.
- Responsible for maintaining a proper paper trail, and directing the drivers and delivery of products.
- Must be able to respond to changes in a very dynamic work environment.
- Creating and preparing office documents.
- Must have excellent phone skills.
- Customer Service, assisting clients.
- Responsible for upholding company policies and procedures as set forth by the owner.
- Work directly with the Crew Scheduler to maximize efficiencies.
- Be on call. Answer calls and manage issues from after-hours answering service.
- Position requires flexibility and availability to accomplish workloads during peak times.
Under general supervision: (1) Utilizing a proprietary software system and other resources, the manager will match job assignments to qualified delivery and service personnel, and route through a dispatch schedule; (2) Must account for the scheduled work, and maintain knowledge of the status and location of the service and delivery personnel throughout the workday to accomplish review of the work performed; (3) Must reassign uncompleted work, and reallocate resources and personnel if necessary in order to meet stringent deadlines; (4) Has a goal of maximizing performance and productivity by routing the most efficient routes with the properly trained crews; (5) Performs related duties as assigned.
Benefits available after 90 days of employment:
- Direct deposit payroll (available immediately)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance. Employer 50% match
- Paid Vacation/Leave. Accrual begins immediately. Block out dates apply
Benefits available after 1 year
- 3% employer retirement match.
Commensurate with experience.
Applicants are encouraged to include a cover letter with their resume and any additional comments that tell us why you think you are the best candidate for this position.